Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Children's Playground Designs in England

Through my travels I always take pictures of interesting playgrounds and other kid friendly places.   Here are some highlights from our last trip to England.  I will have to also recommend the Princess Diana Playground in Hyde Park, London.   Although I didn't post all the pictures of my family enjoying themselves!






I am always amazed how other countries will offer what the US feels is unsafe.  Look at the kiddie splash pool in the one shot, no fence, just an wide open puddle!  Also, this trip, I found that a lot of playgrounds have added zip lines!  Imagine kids 'flying' through the air and jolted to a stop at the end.   Although we live in California, rarely have I seen sunshades at parks...and this is England where they don't get as much sun!  And finally, ah, every one of these playgrounds has a cafe.  A cafe!  Think, cup of tea, snacks for kids, right there where you are playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment